12.6.08

Like All Good Girls Glory

You can find me any late afternoon
Shifting through papers
Sitting torn on the edge of a misplaced thought
Hands crossed trying
Talisman over talisman
Near last effort attempts
Hope shoved in the one more time pile
With sage possibility pending like checkmate

What does a girl like me do to make it through the tunnel?
Like the struggle part in the last chapter
Book II.
With a different ending this time
Like all good girls glory

I’m the day time floor watcher
With no trust and restless hands

I could learn from it
Build a make believe everything's alright castle
Observe the self
Learn again
How to walk in between the cracks in the pavement
I instruct myself

Breath and feign
Breath and feign
Breath and feign
All is well

This is todays Hollywood skunk life
With gold star sticker theory
Did you know you can make them yourself?
Like a press on tattoo kit
For marks to remember a time meant something
Or
A time misused